How Do Fastbraces Work?
Having naturally straight teeth is a luxury that only a few people are lucky enough to be blessed with. But many people, on the other hand, have at least a few teeth that are crooked or misaligned. Fortunately, there are a couple of ways to correct misaligned teeth, and one of them is to get fast braces Houston. Braces are the most common type of orthodontic treatment, and they are used to align the teeth gradually with the help of minor adjustments over time.
However, it can take at least a year or even more for this procedure to end in success. For this reason, a lot of people are wary of undergoing this kind of orthodontic treatment. This is where fast braces Houston comes in. You need to know a few important things about fastbraces, so let’s get right into it.
What are Fastbraces?
Fastbraces are a kind of orthodontic treatment that is used to position misaligned teeth correctly. A dentist in Antoine is perfectly able to perform this treatment. The procedure helps patients get a new and better smile in a fast and affordable manner. Unlike traditional braces, fast braces work very quickly, and you don’t have to leave them on for years to see their effects. Installing fastbraces is a two-step procedure. In the first step, the fastbraces are affixed to the teeth in a very similar fashion to traditional ceramic or metal braces. However, the real magic happens in the second stage, but we will get to that in a bit.
Benefits of Fastbraces
- The most significant benefit of fastbraces is the reduction in the length of treatment. Aside from this, fastbraces have many other advantages, some of which are as follows:
- Firstly, fastbraces preserve your natural bite. This makes things much more comfortable as you don’t have to learn to talk or chew with your newly aligned teeth.
- Another plus point is that almost everyone can get fastbraces without undergoing tooth extraction. To install fastbraces, extractions are only done when the tooth is too damaged.
- Fastbraces look much better than traditional braces. Only one wire is used, which gives it a much cleaner and less bulky look.
- If you go for fastbraces, you can be done with the treatment in half the time as traditional braces. Some people even get a straighter smile in less than 20 weeks.
- Since the process is so quick, the jawbone also reabsorbs the root very quickly, stabilizing the teeth and reducing pain.
How Do Fastbraces Work?
Installing fastbraces is something a dentist in Antoine can do quite comfortably. The dentist will start by fixing the braces to your teeth, and this part is quite similar to how traditional braces are fixed to the teeth. The fastbraces are fixed using a set of brackets that are fastened one by one. These brackets are different from what you would find in traditional braces, and the new technology makes the process much faster. Once the braces have been fixed, it is time to move on to the second phase.
During this phase, the dentist will use phototherapy and subsonic waves to accelerate the process of moving the teeth in their final position. If everything goes according to plan, you should have perfectly aligned teeth in just a few months’ time. Make sure that you take good care of your oral hygiene and don’t do anything that will damage the fastbraces.
Do You Have to Wear a Retainer?
Most people think that when you get fastbraces, you have to wear a retainer because of the fast movement of the teeth. However, this is not the case, and you don’t have to wear a retainer for a lengthy period. Instead, once the fastbraces are fixed, you will be given custom retainers, and you will need to wear them to get the best results. The positive is that since fastbraces work so quickly, you don’t have to wear the retainer for as long as you would have to with traditional braces. With traditional braces, patients need to wear retainers for 22 hours each day for several months. But with fastbraces, you only need to wear the retainer for 10 to 15 minutes each day.