Who Can Benefit from Getting Dental Veneers?
Are your teeth structurally okay but still have some outward flaws that bother you? Feeling good about your smile is important for your mental and emotional health. If you are conscious about how your smile looks, you can try improving it by getting dental veneers near you. Research shows a simple improvement in your smile can help you feel good about yourself and improve your confidence.
Getting veneers in Houston is a quick and effortless way to improve your smile. In addition to that, veneers help fix a variety of dental problems at quite an affordable cost, making it great for patients on a budget. A ‘perfect’ smile is something that is now within everyone’s reach and not just reserved for movie stars and celebrities.
What Do Veneers Look Like?
Veneers are thin tooth-like shells that are applied on the front surface of your natural teeth to change their appearance. They instantly change how your teeth look like and are usually made to address your specific needs. Your dentist will normally customize the shells, which are made from porcelain or composite. Therefore, it is important to talk in detail with your dentist about the changes you want to make to ensure that the veneers you get give you the smile of your dreams. When getting your veneers in Richmond Ave at Dream Dental, our dentists will consider factors such as thickness, color, shape and length when preparing your custom shells.
Applying veneers involves a little prep work to your natural teeth. To ensure a natural fit and look, a small amount of the enamel is removed. The veneer is then bonded onto the teeth and once in place, your smile is transformed.
Who is a Good Candidate for Veneers?
Most patients that choose to get veneers are after a naturally good-looking smile that is pocket friendly, durable and non-invasive to achieve. The versatility of veneers also contributes to its popularity as it can be used to repair chips, fractures, severely stained teeth and more. However, not everyone makes a good candidate for the treatment. To determine if veneers will work for you, here are some considerations to make.
- Do You Want a Long-term Solution? – Applying veneers involves removing part of your enamel and therefore it only makes sense to go through with the process if you want a long-term solution. Veneers can last anywhere between 7 to 15 years depending on how you care for them. And although they do not last forever, once you get veneers, the procedure is not cannot be reversed. You are therefore not a good candidate for the procedure if you are looking for a temporary fix.
- Do You Have Existing Dental Problems? – Just like with any other dental procedure, your dentist will have to ensure that your teeth and mouth is healthy before placing veneers. Any existing problem such as cavities or gum disease will have to be treated before you are cleared to get veneers. A healthy mouth is therefore a prerequisite to qualify for veneers.
Some patients with habits like teeth grinding and clenching are also discouraged from getting veneers as these habits will prematurely damage them.
What Dental Problems Do You Want to Fix? – Although veneers can be used to correct a variety of dental flaws, it does not mean it is the best for every cosmetic issue you are facing. Veneers can only be used when the teeth have little to no structural damage. The enamel has to healthy and adequate for the veneer to adhere to. Common issues that are fixed using dental veneers include:
- Worn teeth
- Extreme staining or discoloration that cannot be fixed with whitening treatments
- Crooked or misaligned teeth
- Chipped and cracked teeth
- Small gaps between teeth
If you are still not sure if veneers will work for you, you can visit our dental clinic for a personalized consultation with our dentist. We have invested in the expertise and technology to help patients improve their smiles through a variety of procedures , depending on what works best for them.