Bridges in Houston, TX
If you’re missing some teeth, our dentists in Houston, TX can close the gaps in your smile using dental bridges. A dental bridge is a semi-permanent dental restoration that consists of one or more pontic teeth supported by one or two teeth adjacent to the gap. The replacement or pontic teeth of a dental bridge may be made from different materials. However, most patients prefer tooth-colored materials as they blend in well with the natural teeth.
Dream Dental is a leading dental practice known for its durable, custom-crafted, and comfortable dental bridges in Houston, TX. Our dentists near you have many years of experience in transforming smiles through exceptional restorative dentistry. If you’ve lost your teeth and want to smile with confidence again, contact Dream Dental today to arrange an appointment with our dentist.
Types of Dental Bridges
There are four types of dental bridges:
- Conventional or traditional bridges. These feature pontic teeth that are supported by two dental crowns, one on each side of the gap
- Cantilever bridges. A cantilever bridge is a modification of the conventional bridge. Unlike traditional bridges, which require two abutment teeth for support, a cantilever bridge is supported by a single abutment tooth.
- Maryland-bonded bridges. Maryland-bonded bridges are supported by two abutment teeth. However, unlike traditional bridges that use dental crowns for support, Maryland-bonded bridges rely on a metal or porcelain wing framework to attach to the adjacent teeth.
- Implant-supported bridges. If you don’t have natural teeth to support your bridges, our dentists may recommend implant-supported bridges as an option.
Dental bridges typically require two appointments. During your first visit, the dentist prepares your teeth and then takes your impressions. On your second visit, our dentist cements the dental bridge in place, thus restoring your smile’s function and aesthetics.
Benefits of Dental Bridges
Dental bridges offer several advantages, including:
- Bridges restore your appearance and your ability to speak and chew normally
- Dental bridges keep your face from collapsing; a phenomenon causes by bone atrophy, which is the loss of bone density due to disuse.
- Dental bridges are light and comfortable.
- Bridges keep your remaining teeth from drifting out of position.
Have you recently suffered tooth loss and need help restoring your beautiful, confident smile? Dream Dental has the right solutions to help you overcome tooth loss. Contact our dentists today to discuss dental bridges near you.