Emergency Dentistry in Houston, TX
When confronted by a dental emergency, you need a dental practice that can walk you through the ordeal with unmatched expertise and compassion. Dream Dental is that kind of dental practice. We’re a multi-specialty, conveniently-located dental office with many years of experience providing exceptional dental care, including emergency dentistry in Houston, TX. Our primary goal is to help our valued patients overcome dental problems and enjoy continued oral well-being.
Reach out to our experienced dentists in Houston, TX today if you’re experiencing a dental emergency. We’ll alleviate your pain and get you started on the path to complete healing.
Common Dental Emergencies
Dental emergencies arise in many forms and can affect anyone. Some of the more common emergencies that we attend to include:
- Knocked-out or avulsed teeth
- Abscess and infections
- Tooth sensitivity
- Broken teeth
- Traumatic injuries
- Dental pain or toothache
If you’re currently going through any of these dental emergencies, contact Dream Dental immediately. We will give you our next available slot so you can get professional attention before it’s too late. The sooner you get evaluated by a dentist, the better your chances of restoring complete oral well-being.
What to Do During a Dental Emergency
When dealing with a dental emergency, an essential first step is to stay calm as anxious thoughts only worsen the situation. Our dentists in Houston, TX recommend the following first-aid measures when faced with a dental emergency:
- If you have a knocked-out tooth, place it back in its socket. If this isn’t possible, put the tooth in a glass of milk to preserve it, then come to our dental offices within an hour. If you take too long to see our dentists, it may not be possible to reattach the tooth. Avoid touching the root of the tooth, as this could interfere with the periodontal ligaments.
- For toothaches, rinse out your mouth with warm salty water. You may use a cold compress to counter swelling if any.
- You may use readily available over-the-counter pain medication such as ibuprofen or acetaminophen (Tylenol) to manage pain as you travel to our dental office.
- Carefully rinse your mouth with warm salt water if you have an infection, abscesses, or mouth injuries. Saline water helps to counter infections as it minimizes microbial activity.
Contact Dream Dental today if you’re looking for a reputable dental practice that offers emergency dentistry near you.